One of the fundamental principles of little athletics is to provide an opportunity for children to feel great about themselves by effort rewarded by achievement.
Enthusiasm to do your best can be the greatest achievement and at Doncaster Little Athletics we believe coaching, education and mentoring, can provide the tools for kids to focus on that effort.
As part of your membership we offer coaching at two main levels –
- the On-Track Program for U6-7 children
- or older athletes we provide on weekday afternoons:
- For age groups U8 through to U13 on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4.30pm to 5.30pm
- For U14 and above an additional skills session on Thursdays 4.30pm to 5.30pm
The Monday program includes Core Fitness and Strength training.
The Wednesday & Thursday Training program includes:
- Athletic discipline & technique
- Team responsibility and respect
- Social interaction
- HAVING FUN
Our coaching team are qualified, motivated and dedicated to the athlete in all our kids.
Come up to me anytime and I will organize specific training if required – Peter Sharpe
Additionally there are opportunities for parents to improve their coaching skills including “introduction to coaching courses’. We always welcome the help and support of parents, especially those interested in having an influence on the development of our kids
Additional courses and clinics are available externally for Athletes, potential Coaches and Event Officials through Little Athletics Victoria State and Region.